Monday, April 21, 2008

Ryders, brains and angels.

=============================
Pencil entry dated 20/4/08 a suspicious gray smear stains one page
=============================

So, I been tryin ta chase down Jadienne tha ex-Righteous Ryder, she was lookin ta talk ta me, Fleshie ta Bartender like, fer some bar-top confessional. Last I seen of her she pulled me up and told me she needed ta chat, and that she could trust me. I guess I got one of them faces, like they say, that folks can trust. Even had tha Green Demoness believe that' I think, I hope. She had asked me about what i'd feel if I couldn't trust one of my Family. So I knew it was important ta her.

Anyway, I found her screamin her way outta Haven, with Noelle upstairs. They were tradin shots about respect, and trust. I guessed i'd worked out who she was pissed at. I tried ta get her ta talk but she brushed me off. I guess she was passed carin. Some slapper Kit comes up ta us, plastered and tries ta get me ta scram. Looked like she was plannen ta scrump Jadienne, and figured I was competition. Me and Jadienne basically flipped her off, but she wouldn't leave off. I didn't need it, so humped it, half time over ta tha ballroom in time ta catch Her Ladyship and Pontifex in their slow dance, and get an idea how deep still water flows.

They were too caught up in their tagetherness ta much mind me, so I had a little sway and paw tap ta their floatin and flittin, before headin back out. Not everyone likes witnesses ta their matin rites. I head back out in time ta catch Philipa(3465 Kharg) tha slapper Kit from before layin Jadienne out and puttin tha boot in. Now, usually I'd be jumpin in about then, but I noticed all tha Ryders standin by, Noelle as well, so I figured they had it on hand. They did, when Philipa tha Slapper looked ta smear Jadienne, Noelle stepped up, like a good beta and made ta stop her packmate get killed. Dead troopers don't learn tha lesson a thrashin gives.

Jadienne don't want a bar of it, spittin and bawlin Noelle out, even as she was bein rescued. Things went south from there. I took some stray rounds in tha ensuin firefight, some fucktards never check their fields of fire in crowds. You got it, tha slapper. Had tha ass ta get upset when I came up shovin her skanky ass about and ballin her out fer bein a fucktard. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't inconvenienced by her pathetic 45's, but if I hadn't awready killed my dress shirt she woulda ruined it. And that woulda upset My-She.

I shoved off again, with Jadienne and Philipa and Noelle screamin at one another, and Philipa pummilin, blastin at and cuttin on Jadienne. Its a good thing tha Slapped was an amateur, or she mighta killed Jadienne instead of incapacitatin her again and again. I mean, really, doesn't anybody realise ya can’t beat respect inta someone, only fear and resentment.

So I took ta wanderin again, no news, got some more leftovers from tha ball. I ate a LOT. Good thing too, I needed it soon afta. I passed tha Garage ta see Jadienne comin out, fair bumps through me, shove and all. I see tha Slapper wearin Ryder Colours now. I figure that’s ta punish Jadienne. So catch her draw one of her mini-Uzis, draws one and take one tender look at tha bunch of them before going around to the side of the garage. "woah woah" I mutter and duck around tha other way, in case she was getting ready ta double back and hose them from tha far door. That’s what I woulda done.

She ain't there. Tha other option comes ta me, and I double-time back ta tha alley she went inta. She's there, starin at tha wall, girly-uzi up in tha air, limp like. "Grr, go away. " she says ta me. "well, yer tha one with tha gun, guess i better listen, hey . . " I say ta her, but don't move a muscle. No sudden movements ta startle tha prey. She wipes tears away from her eyes with her sleeve, "Grr, step away now." I aint gunna, so I give her a line from tha Battle of Thermopylle "see, i got this cramp, in my leg, can't seem to walk too good" its a good line, I wonder if its wasted. I hear Duard tha Ryder come up behind me. He's no real threat, and I only got eyes on tha prey right then. "problems puppy?" tha fella is as thick as two short planks. He thinks I’m tha problem. Hearin Jadienne's words but not their meanin. Seein me, tha big scary Shifter "meanicin" his packmate with tha drawn weapon. I'll give him that, he went ta her aid, "can i help you? " he puts in, but Jadienne butts in.

"Then crawl, I don't give a damn." I don't move but ta avoid getting capped by this guy, I say "no problem mate, just sittin, workin off this cramp . . . " and start making stretching motions. Duard tells Jadienne ta holster her weapon. Big mistake. Ya NEVER order a head-case ta give up their symbol of power. She is backed inta a mental corner now so she points the mini-Uzi to her temple, "Get away, both of you." I try ta ease her down. "now, see, we got a Irish standoff now . . if i move, i might scare ya, and make ya slip, i'm a scary fella" I try ta disarm her mood. Let her know she's in control. Block-head doesn't get it "holster your Uzi Jad, now. Great, perfect. Stupid bloody biker punk. "I said get away Duard." she flicks the safety off and presses her finger tightly on the trigger.

Finally he gets it "did he attack you, Jad?" he asks, takin tha preasure off her a touch. She comes out with a corker "No, Grr's an angel." Least he ain't gonna club me from behind now. So I take a chance "now, mate, perhaps ya wanna back off a touch, ya might get mess on ya" lettin Jadienne mull over an image of what would happen. Seems her mind's made up though "I'm the one who needs to leave here: Permanently. " Duard Klamath turns to me. Again I try ta reach her. "well, no need fer name-callin . . . i'm just sittin, talkin ta my matey here, mate" even as i say it i see her puttin slight pressure to the trigger, and closes her eyes. I see its gonna have ta be soon.

I keep watchin Jadienne close, not making eye contact, being VERY relaxed. Tha blockhead now realises its not good at all . . . and tries ta talk her down "well . . . . please Jad . . . " but she just sighs, and says "I'm sorry it had to be this way." and looks ta make her move, trigger pressure bein what it is, i knew i had ta move fast and light, so i LUNGE to slap away the Uzi, upwards, with a long swipe of my long arms, folks get shocked how tall iam, another good reason ta crouch, not just comfortable, makes them underestimate me.
and i yell "no fuckin cappin yerself, that'd ruin my day, totally, and its been a swell day" she shrieks as the Uzi falls out of her hand and she collapses on the ground. She kicks at me tryin ta get away and reaches for it, and puts in her mouth. I jammed a finger in the breach, and reached to re-safety it in the same motion but: she manages to get pressure once more to the trigger and pulls it as i try ta wrestle the gun away without exerting my full strength and breaking her arm, or tearing it off. "SOME. HELP. MATE" I was too late, and her head explodes, blood bones and brains splattering the side of the wall, and all over me. The gunshot seems to reverberate through the night.

Duard just stood there "you are insane Jad, let him . . " not comprehending, i'm not so pleasantly oblivious, wearin a bunch of the insides of Jadiennes head as i am "RRRAARR FUCK!!" is all i remember sayin as i grabed tha Uzi, and smashed the cast-metal body of it with one paw and threw it at the wall. Just a moment too late . . . Jadienne slumps forward her breathin stoped, her heart beat whisperin its last pulses as blood slops into my lap and over my fur. Blood and brains, and shards of bone and her hair. This ain't new fer me, not even someone blowin their brains out all over me. I had Timmos do that just outa horror at tha sight of us bustin in on em. This time it was someone i wanted ta stop. Fer good reasons. I draged Jadienne's body forward, craddling her head in my lap, and cupping it, started muttering a prayer, before callin out "SOME HELP HERE" Duard tha blockhead just stares, yammerin "dam lady" I keep at the Workin, the energies crackle around me and Jadienne's fallen body, i feel my fur standin on end, she lays, body still technically alive, the massive trauma being combated by my healin. I take tha chance ta call out again "SOMEBODY HELP"

I know tha Ryders are just on tha other side of tha wall, i can hear em movin about, smell em in there, but they wont come ta tha aid of one of their own. So i keep chanting, cradeling Jadienne's broken open head and calling down who knows what. All of a sudden A Feline Ryder pokes his head around the corner, and i catch his eye "you, Ryder, get help" i startle him, he hasnlt seen what i'm holdin yet. "whop, me?" is all he can say as I cradle Jadiennes broken head, pressing the brains back in, then keeps at my chantin and wouldn't ya know it, I begin to glow, and all my fur standing on end, like i'm a Goddess damned poodle or somethin. Tha little Feline fella swallows hard a couple of times and puts his hand over his face. He's seen her leakin now and he wobbles a bit, befer leanin around the corner and calling ino the Garage "uhh.. we need some help round the corner here. I finally hear them get involved. I hear Dracken call out "ok lead the way" Tha Feline comes back, looking like he's ready to throw up, looks away and just points. Dracke looked down at Jadienne turned to one of the other Ryders and said "i think we got a problem auntie" then turned back to me "Grr can you carryer her to the hosptial? I don't answer, busy but they keep talkin, tryin ta put two and two tagether, as I keep at tha chantin, holding Jadienne's popped skull together with my paws and magics they see tha spray of blood and brain on the wall next to my left, and tha smashed Uzi on the ground next ta me.

I keep chanting, fur standing on end, crackling wih energy as i pray and hold her head in my lap, still bleedin
and all of a sudden all tha Ryders take a step back or so. Her body begins a transformation and her skull and facial features reform themselves and from her back begin to sprout what seems to be wings. Madness i tell ya. I seen all kinds of regens, and all kinds of Shifts, but this is new ta me. All of a sudden, her light green eyes flutter and open and stares up at me, a peaceful expression on em, "Who are you...?" One of tha Ryders, Dracken's Aunt it seems finally speaks up ": ....she ..she is talking..!!...look brother " And i start, as she asks me who i am, I just bark out "Grr"

So, long story short, she finally gets a crowd of helpers, some more helpful than others, she's lost her memory, but i'm guessin that had somethin ta do with tha pawful of brains i was holdin, and tha rest i was wearin or decoratin tha wall of tha Garage. She fully sprouted wings, and started talkin about tha White Light, and God and i knew she had crossed over and get sent back. She said""I don't remember anything, except a white light, and someone telling me to return here." Well, tjhat was me. I maded an Angel taday. I got covered in blood and brains ta do it, and called on SOMETHIN out there ta manage it, but, yeah, like i told My-She "not bad fer a critter from tha Zoo, huh?"

One other thing, when i showed My-She tha pawful of brains and pointed at the smashed Uzi and told her "i'd been there, done that, and i fixed her . . .uhh, kinda" My-She came back with "kinda.....
Mirah McGuire: and she gets wings.. i've always liked wings, but um.. dont "fix" me so i get wings ok? "Ha, never even pictured tha, but what DID come ta mind, was what i told her . . ." you got it Sweetness, i was thinkin little bitty scales, all different colours, like a rainbow, like dragons have"
We watch tha new, Angel Jadienne spar with Krismorel, and take a poundin and all i could think ,as we wandered off was "thats messed up . . . serious, messed up"

I made an Angel, taday. A good days work, really . . .

No comments: