Wednesday, April 16, 2008

After the Smoke cleared

=================================
pencil entry, dated 16-4-08, looks like it has been stopped and started frequently
=================================
Damn, all that report writin has given me tha worst cramps in my paw, ain't I supposed ta re-gen writers-wrist? But there was more ta my mornin than just foilin plots and sprayin blue stuff. Once we got done there, like I say, I eased My-She over ta tha Library an ushered her up ta Her Ladyship.

As we got ta tha doors I heard some ruccous from out on tha street. From inside I hear Jadienne get upset and say "It's Latiana. She hates me." I smell her and Her Ladyship inside, so I signal My-she in and catch Her Ladyship's smile as I pat tha stone and sit at the doorway, keeping an eye on the street for a moment, scanning rooftops, windows. Now ain't tha time ta be complacent, not till tha Wards are set. Snipers who know might be able ta find a way.

Jadienne speaks up "She's ok, don't worry, We were just talking." but i'm still in Alert Status and just mutter "looks clear . ." which makes Her Ladyship chuckle..."I don't think it was me he was worried about." Jadienne gets it "Oh, I see..." I tell them I thought My needed somewhere ta crash and be safe, fer a bit. Jadienne offered fer her ta stay at tha church.
Her Ladyship offers her a seat and tells her that she's been of great assistance to us tonight. My smiles and bows.. forefingers and thumbs meeting to form a circle.."Omega.. its you i thank.. " then whispers i dont usually do rituals in public.. Her Ladyship just smiles.." it was a great pleasure to view some of your.. work." ta which My smiles back"it isnt my work though.. it is Hers"

I climb on back between the couches, watching the streets. I guess this kinda thing bothers Jadienne or she ain't used ta a well trained Shifter bein around, so she asks "What's wrong?" but Her Ladyship smiles, nodding.."He's just.. keeping an eye out." My-she's got a lot ta worry about, so I get it when she asks me if something new going on. Jadienne asks further why i'm watchin the streets, and again Her Ladyship sees inta tha heart of things "It's his nature" Then Jadienne asks a question I don't quite get "For whom?" . Whom is a person, or peoples, who do I watch -for-? Well, that’s fairly easy, realy, I just swivel my ears and points over the couch without looking "Hers" plural. I watch for my hers. Her Ladyship and My-she.

Her Ladyship speaks up fer me, I’m in tha zone, focus shifting from rooftop to rooftop, corner to corner, with practiced fluid movements, all from just eyes and ears above the sill. "One of the many reasons he is such a great asset to us." I can smell My-she glowing for me. I feel 3 meters tall! My-she clears her throat with a throat and with a smile asked if anyone minded if she changed out of her fancy ritual clothes. Her Ladyship told her "Of course not, though I must say, they are very beautiful indeed.. I haven't seen an outfit like that since.. well, not for a long time." Which gets another smile from My "its not something i wear often... um.. normally i do rituals skyclad. I know what THAT means, i did some time liasin with tha 2RAR-T's in my time, thats kinda what spun me towards Shamanism so when she said that, it made my ears twitch, and a smile could be seen from almost behind me. Her Ladyship comments that that IS tha traditional form, ta which My replies "i am not a very traditional witch.. but some things... you know"

I zone out fer a bit, watchin tha passage outside, there's some gun-play and some one out there is bleedin out in tha gutter, i can smell it. All of a sudden i sniif, and can smell My-she's tears. Somethin's happened between them all, and i missed it. My says "i wish you knew what this means to me Omega" ta which Her Ladyship come back "I think we shall have to offer you a place with us". Jadienne seems a little unsettled, "I'm going to leave you two alone." Her Ladyship looks around ".. two?" and Jadienne corrects herself "I mean three." I am starin at My, and she just beams, tears runnin down her pretty fuzzy face "Family..." i can feel my eyes go big, and my mouth drop open as Her Ladyship makes a funny ta Jadienne "oh, I get that confused ALL the time." and winks over at me. I get it, Jadienne forgot i was a person, heh, it happens. I stir her by getin all indignant sayin ": hey, . . ha, i CAN hear ya . . ." I just keep lookin at My-she, and grinning

Her Ladyship calls me by my proper name, i ferget sometimes she's a Fanger, and her throat can cope with sayin my name. "GrrBrool, come here." I bound over tha couch, and She reaches a hand out and puts it on my head.. "For your services to the Institute, I am elevating you to the Rank of Scholar."
My-she beams!! and all i could do was grin and gawk. She says to me "I expect a lot of you. Do not dissapoint me."

My-she and me hug fer a good long time. its good ta have Famiy. Good ta belong. Good ta be doin what ya are on tha Path ta do, and be good at it.

Later on, i get more good news, Choi and Pix had got their heads sorted out by their patron. Its all startin ta look awright out there. I'm on top of tha world, with a full belly, and a warm safe bed. Does it get any better than this?

No comments: