Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pack Resignation Letter

===================================================
A rumpled, then carefully re-flattened page, written in pencil in a painfully careful childlike hand. The page looks like it has been written on top of many times, erased in many spots. A canine paw-print in ink marks the bottom of the letter. The page is dated Feb 2008.
===================================================

Alphas, Betas, Leaders, Omega.
I regretfully hereby resign my commission as a Scout Leader of The Pack, effective immediately. I can no longer in good conscience hold office in a group who’s aims and objectives differ so from what I am trying to be. I fled the military who were my family for all of my Changed life, 13 years out of 15, for that same reason. Some of you know the details.

I have been on the run from them since then and thought I would find security, peace and family in The Pack. Now I know I can not. I will not be a monster again. I will not be a beast of carnage again. I will not be a horror of war again. I will live free and wild and if necessary, alone.

Kin, Pack, Blood. My credo, but I can no longer call you my pack. May the Spirits look fairly on you.

GrrBrool
Specimen 071239 "Gabriel"
Royal Melbourne Zoo

Platoon Sgt
7th Royal Australian Regiment - Lycanthropy Corps.

Scout Leader
The Pack

(canine paw-print)
********

No comments: