Sunday, April 13, 2008

Her

=====================================
Pen entry on damp loose paper, the ink has bleed somewhat during the writing process, but only smudged occasionally, numerous sections have been crossed out into oblivion.
=====================================

been wonderin if i should write somethin here about Her. Her tha person, not Her tha Goddess, although, i suppose tha two could be exchanged, from time ta time. Been wonderin, rather than just doin, because i wonder if i'd be puttin her at risk, by writin about Her here. SO i guess i'll call Her, well Her, and leave it at that.

where ta begin? i wonder. Well, i guess it all begins in tha Haven, when i was doin a lot of tendin there, well before i left Tha Pack, just ta pass tha time, and scope out tha scene, and She was there, on and off, time ta time, sometimes in front of tha bar, sometimes behind it. We had some chat, knew some of tha same peoples, and basically, that was it. I was runnin fairly average in those days, feelin a bit lonely fer company, as tha lass i had had my eye on, and paws from time to tiem, had up and scooted, kinda leavin me hangin. So i wasn't really lookin around fer prospective partners, just kinda mopin and keepin my fur on, day ta day.

Dunno if She had made eyes back then, or not, i was kinda inward and at tha same time, all outward, ya know? Anyways, things were flowin on pretty normal like, tha usual Tox bollocks, and i was keepin my eyes peeled and ears swivlin. Spring came around, and i was hit pretty hard by tha love bug, all mopin and huffin, which, i can tell ya, weren't faked, when tha Season calls, we follow . . . Thing was, i guess, bein a bartender, i get ta talkin and empathisin with folks, and She had had a pretty down experience herself in tha matters of tha heart, and pants.

So there i was, mopin, watchin all these couples gettin tagether, moonin all over each other, havin a grand old time, and just gettin deeper and deeper in a funk, and She was real nice, and hcatted with me, and told me it would all work out. Real Priestess-like, ya know? got ta tha heart of tha thing. Well, it was hard goin fer me, but, at least no one was gunner fer my head or anything, so, i shrugged, and got back ta the Scoutin buisness. Then Tha Pack all went over ta tha way of tha war-beast and i made myself even more alone. Nice one Grr, ya tool, just when ya need company the most, ya make yerself an outcast ta boot . . .

My friends at tha Haven were all real good ta me, lettin me know that i'd made a call fer good, not just because i was poutin, or anythin. She was one of tha stronger voices, healin my burnt heart like any good Den-Mother would, she has tha touch of tha Goddess to her, like i told ya awready. We had some good long talks then, even took her out mutie-fishin, when my temper got ta me. Got a couple of good ones that time too, had ta unload a few clips from tha M4, and a few from tha Sniper too, but it was a good fishin day. We got ta talkin again and sharin some outlooks. I caught some hints, but though it was all just good bar-side flirtin, and her friends and mine started givin us both tha hard word.

I guess i still didn't get it, must have wool in my ears, i tell ya. Anyways, after quite a few of these chats, well, and some pokin from tha other bar-flys, this one time, when we happened ta be closin up, all alone and She all of a sudden, well, she lent over and kissed me. I guess it kinda snuck up on me, who'd have thought. All of a sudden i saw Her as more than just a hot friend who seemed ta understand where i was comin from, what i was runnin from, and where i was headin. I saw her as someone who might want ta share more than just time at tha bar.

She's got tha cutest swishing butt too . . .

No comments: