Sunday, August 31, 2008

Curses, Cures and Sleeps

====================
Pencil note entered in a less messy than normal hand, dated 30/8/08
====================

Its been a long time since i've had as sleepless a week as that.

Her Ladyship got cursed by that backstabbin, team killin, cock-bitin, pus-suckin, low down dirty deceiver tha Blood Matriarch if tha KA, Spirit. Cursed her and knocked her down, made her writhe in agony and wamdered off cacklin. Then she just popped back off and seemed like nothin had happened. But it had. We just didn't know what yet.

I copped a fair amount of strick fer my part in tha Ritual ta bring back tha Fountain. Figure i deserve it too. I've spent tha last week worryin if i did tha right thing. Did I hand over tha means fer tha KA ta take over Tox? Are they gonna come fer us? Are they gunna rise up and wipe my Kin off tha map? Quiet had tha balls ta try ta chew me out fer speakin fer all Lycan. She'd do well ta clean tha spooge outta her earholes and listen ta tha words that came outta my mouth. This is what i said:

"Some months ago a group of Lycan agitators took action against tha Blood Fountain in a coordinated and well-planned commando raid. With the use of a tactical sub-fissile backpack charge, apparently sourced from the British SAS. Their objective was ta cripple the Kindred population of Tox dependent on the Fountain for hunt-free feedin. What they achieved was an epic reprisal against the Lycan population. The Pack has only just recovered. Even non-Pack or unaffiliated Lycans needed to keep their tails out of the fire fer several weeks as a result. Me included. That’s why I’m here, fer tha Institute. Ta help make right what my Kin did. I speak as Praetor of tha Omegan Institute, heading this Ritual from our end."

I suppose ya could read that as me sayin i was doin it fer all tha Lycans. Maybe. If ya were spoinin fer trouble. Some folks always are. Anyways. I did it fer me, and fer my concience. and ta maybe make up fer all tha bad things i did in uniform on someone elses' orders. a Public works service if ya like. Buildin schools and well, wells. So it pisses me off when people bitch. If its so bloody bad, they can just blow it it up again. Whats tha big bloody deal?

Turns out Her Ladyship's curse? Tellin dangerous, damagin lies. Harsh. We're a source of infermation, research. Folks come ta us fer fer advice. They trust us ta be neutral. That backstabber took that away from us all. Because Her ladyship is our leader. She's tha one we all look to, and people ask Her fer things.

So I spent all bloody week runnin about tryin ta make sense of what was goin on, then once i realised, tryin ta sort out a way ta fix it, or find someone who could. Broken bodies? i can fix. Wounds and mangled limbs? Busted buildins or talkin ta spirits? I yer Shifter. Broken and messed up minds? well . . . i'm not too bad a campside shrink, but, thats it. Brain hoodoo? ya need a pro. Ta cover my bases, i asked about, tried tha Covenites, but in tha end, tried and true.

I hadn;t slept since tha night of tha Ritual, and was gettin pretty bloody bleary by Friday, almost a week. Harsh even fer me. Spirit Gal caught on, after i bumped inta a few things and spurred my sleech a bit. Did some of her Workin on me herself. Slipped me a mystical mickey and i finally got some kip.

We got Severus ta do it. He's got tha skills and tha will ta do it too. Put her in a trance, and set about fixin her up. Took a long time at it, so i can only presume he did it good, and that it was hard work. Burt up his hands somethin fierce in tha process, and after some heafty browbeatin, he let me try ta heal him, least i could do. Seems he thinks my meddlin wont do him no good. Thinks tha Old Bad Daddy has it in fer him would stop anythin i tried. Well. As it happens, i serve a power that dont care much what tha Old Bad Daddy thinks, so i let rip.

Bloody odd thing happened. i think i got my wires crossed, and chaneled some proper Hoodoo, like from Africa. Older than Old. Might have just done tha trick.

Her Ladyship seemed, un-Cursed, if not fully right as rain, but i took that as a job well done, and passed out. When i came too, tha New Moon was risin, and i got Fleshified in time ta DJ on tha wireless.

Long fuckin week, Happy endin.

Oh, and i started some random craziness by rushin off durrin my set and snoggin Spirit gal fer her troubles.

Yay our side.

No comments: