Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spirit Gal's Path

I was in tha Library, just chillin, Joah was there too. We kinda sat, starin. I feel kinda wobbly around her still. Cause of tha eatin talkin people thing. She stares one way, i stare tha other. Finally i worked up tha courage ta say somethin, and like a pup, i stumble over tha words. I asked her about her wounds. Tha thing i'm good at, damage. She tells me she's doin awright, and i get tha feelin its true. Physically at least. trauma run deeper than meat, some times. We get ta talkin about Lestat, and what she achieved, healin his heart. Thats bloody good. We both got tha healin touch, and i'm glad that between tha both of us, we can kinda cover all tha hurts that come towards tha Institute. Kinda, Sorta, Maybe.

Tha deeper pain though, i can feel in her, thats hard ta reach. We get ta talkin about it, She wondered ta me if she belonged with us, or maybe with tha Shadows. She's got a fire in her belly, a rage that ya might think tha Institute frowns on. Fact is, as i look at my Family, we all got our wounds. Well, maybe all of us save Strong gal, she dont have no scars, not on tha inside anyways, and Ethan looks after her outside too. I guess that shes lucky ta be so, innocent and immune ta tha crap tha rest of us are wadin through. Me and Spirit Gal get ta talkin about her close ones from tha Shadows. Blue. Pickett. Lorne. its a tough topic fer me. Tha Shadows were my Enemy fer a long time. They've tried ta off me personal like more than once, more than just durrin tha War with tha Pack.

Its hard fer me. Kishi went to em first, then so many others. I lost half my squad of Scouts to em in a week. Quiet is with em still, Blaze runs with em. Jason we lost long long ago. I know what they are like, and at tha same time, considerin what tha Pack got like, were we any different? only in principle. Tha Pack wanted ta destroy, tha Shadows, corrupt. They got better dental, i guess. Better incentives, and by all accounts, better scrumpin. I tried ta explain ta Spirit Gal what it meant ta me. Showed her my resignation letter to tha Pack. told her what they were like at tha end. How i didn't see much of a deference between tha two, she agreed. I guess we had that, too.

So, she read tha letter, and held my paw. i dunno i guess it made some sense ta her too. We talked about her past. I told her tha most important thing, more important than who she runs with, is ta understand who and what she is. So we talked about that. How far back she remembered. Only as far back as arrivin in Tox. Face down in a puddle of goo. I asked her if she's been bitten by any rats, thats how i judge how long a body's been layin about. Tox's rats come after about 5 hours of layin out. No bites means less than 5 hours, best bet. She told me she had a few furry bodies about her, so, i guess, longer than 5. She was really hurtin, torn, she said. Just like she was feelin mentally now. Heart not tha flesh. I told her i would walk with her on her journey ta find herself. Wherever it went. She asked me, serious like, if i would walk with her in tha dark places she might have ta go. Silly Gal, did she think i'd offer and then leave her in tha lurch, what did she think i was? a Fleshie?

Of course i'd walk with her in tha dark nasty places, physically or spiritually. Thats what Family does. Thats what i do. Im tha Watcher, her words even, i walk tha walls. I stand in tha dark places so others don't have ta. I tried ta tell her how serious i was. She seemed ta get it. All she asked, crazy Spirit Gal, was that i not die. Well, thats always been my goal. So I tell her, that i don't expect ta die till after i made up fer all my wrong doin's over my life. so fer her not ta worry.

That got me ta thinkin. Her blood, toxic, kills rats, Toxian rats at that. Not so good. I've got it all over me twice. Payed tha price too. Knocks me about pretty good. No lastin harm. I told her too. I had me a thought. Actually, somethin i've thought about quite a bit. Somethin that i've worried about, and been shy about askin. She'd awready scanned me, after we got ta talkin about my past, my Littermates, all dead now, of old age, my Army records said, and tha book in tha Library backed up. UnChanged, my breed only lives 7 ta 10 years in tha wild. Maybe 10 ta 14 in captivity. I'm 16 now. My Dam is dead, my brothers and sisters are dead. My only Family is those i find. Point is, she knew i was fit, and healthy, and strong, and unwounded. So i asked her ta spit on my paw. I stripped off my glove, and flopped out in front of her.

I told her i needed ta know, that i was ready, and we were safe. I told her if anything went wrong she could heal me. I called on tha Goddess ts protect me cause i was made of glass, and Spirit Gal relented, and took my paw, and licked it. I'm a tricky bugger, comes with tha gene's i guess. So, i dropped flat, and held my breath. Freaked her RIGHT out. I waited, till she was callin my name and got right in close, so i could feel her breath on my nose. Thats when i grabbed her, and kissed her. Been wantin ta try that fer a long while. Never sure if it was tha right thing ta do, or if it'd kill me. Ha. Who dares wins. (Tosser soft cock Fleshie SAS) If i'm gunna be walkin tha Dark Roads with her, i cant be worried about dyin each time i need a kiss, now can I? Ha!

OK, so Dark Roads be damned, i wanted ta kiss her, so shoot me! She gave me a punch er two, which i deserved, but we both enjoyed tha kiss, i think, and we had a good cuddle by tha fire. I like Spirit Gal, i'm glad she knows now she dont need to be so afraid of killin me all tha time. I'm a big critter, i ain't made of glass. I can be loud, but its in my nature ta be shy, too, so, it was my tricky way of showin her how i felt, and that its all good. Her spit dont do me no harm. I wonder about tha rest . . . well, all good things to those that wait, they say, but i'm all fer tha ambush tactics, always have been. So, we'll see, we'll see.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

oooooooooooooh :)

Joah Menjou said...

Joah punches Grr in the arm ... again! XD