Monday, May 5, 2008

exciting times, part 1

========================
Pencil entry, dated 3-5-08, hastily scrawled and looks like it was written on an uneven surface.
========================

Report came in, someone was targetin one of our Nephilim, didn't say which, nor what, but it sounded like they had tagged our lad. Marked or counted coup I couldn't lift from tha report, but when Demons are involved, ya can never be too careful. I did some snoopin, after tha call came in but came up a blank. From tha descriptions, I didn't get any joy. No known affiliations, Factions nor friends. That makes me think a few options: Lone pair of nutters lookin ta make a name fer themselves, mercs on a contract job or a black op under cover by one of tha Factions. Hell, could even be tha slaver and his chums.
I figure it aint loners, tha report made it sound like more conspiracy than mahem. Terrific. Just what we fuckin need. Mercs or covert ops i'd believe, but who they're actin fer I could only point claws at, without knowin fer sure which of our lads they are targetin. Even then, bloody demons are a closed mouthed bunch, I figure they'd just get all cat-bumed about it and look all stoic and tortured if I pressed any of them. Just cause they got all time ta brood don't help me do my job if they get them selves drawn and quarterd.

On top of that, seems Joah's cold-turkey from Nareth is crumpling her from tha inside. My-She went questing for her, got her spring water from a blessed well. I hope that whatever that will do, did or is doin works, but i'll get ta that. Thing is I figure its all about blood-lines. Joah got tha taste from Nareth, who got tha Gift from Her Ladyship. That’s a story in itself, and i'm fuzzy on tha details myself. Important point is it was not tha usual kinda Giftin. Deeper and Older magicks were in place. I get tha impression that tha Fire I hear My-She and Her Ladyship talkin about. Somethin that burns within. Somethin that’s now burnin in Joah and takin its toll. My-She takes off mid healin, Goddess only knows what fer. I don't need a reason, I know she's doin her Works. It's how we are. Joah takes off some time later, or maybe at tha same time. I dunno. She's bein looked to, so that’s what's important.

No comments: