Monday, June 16, 2008

Dimentox's Gift, Omega's Delight.

=========================================
A pencil entry, in a very messy hand, messier than normal dated 13-06-08
=========================================
It was a quiet night by tha fire. I was sittin listenin ta small talk when with a flurry Her Ladyship and Ry come in in a swirl of smiles. Brings a leap ta my heart ta see Her so pleased. A strong and happy Leader makes fer a strong and happy Family. Their small-talk is easy and light, matchin thier moods. Ry and me got a good thing goin. Him and My-She are like cousins. I like tha big lion. He's got style and my low sense of humour. He makes Her and She happy. What else could a critter ask fer in a brother? Tha peace don't last long though.

Beaumont, one of Dimentox's sprogs sauntered in with a snear and a waft of vaseline. Charmin fella. Considerin his Sire killed one of my Kin in tha Haven outta hand ta send a message i guess my opinion is coloured. Still. Tha contempt from tha man was thick in tha air. He comes in disdainfully sits and -tells- Her Ladyship we need more chairs, cause last time him and his brood-mates met, one of tha dears had ta stand. Do em good I say. Not like they work tha fields or anythin.

He makes some jibes ta Her Ladyship about tha company She keeps. How tedious it must be fer Her ta be surrounded by "flash in tha pan" bein's like me, Ry and all us "mortals". I remind him of tha sayin "tha candle that burns twice as bright..." cause he rankles my hackles. I know he could wipe tha floor with me, if he felt like it. His Sire's power surges through him. I can sense it. But I don't like tha assuption of superiority. Power don't make a better Bein. Her Ladyship made comment on how Dimentox had been content with how She ran things in Her House well before -he- had appeared "unsaught and unannounced"

Then he makes a tellin mistake. Like I say. I might not be his peer, but neither is he, Her peer. He remembered aloud that he had a message and a Gift fer Her from Dimentox, and crossed tha space from where he sat ta Her. Reached out ta touch Her. I outta respect fer Her, and ta show She didn't need any guards, but that she had them, I looked away. Left him ta do what he would. So I didn't see what happened. I just hear Her Ladyship call out "do NOT touch me, Childer", and he was rebuffed.

Now I watched him as he stood, glowerin for a moment, before turning his eyes on me and sayin ta her "fine then, I will give it to yer mutt instead." and zapped me. With, somethin. I felt like i'd had a bucket of warm water poured slow over me, warmin me. There was a smell of sudden blood. Tha smell ya get when someone next ta ya gets a fist sized hole shot outta their chest by a sniper, or if ya tear someones arm off. That blood spray smell. I sat, and wondered if I was dead but didn't know it yet. I sat for a second or two. Just breathin and blinkin. Was only a few days since I got Healed. I got stuff ta do, I don’t got tha time nor luxury of bein dead.

Beaumont sits back down as Her Ladyship goes off Her nut at him. Callin him fer touchin me, he backed outta that sayin he didn't -touch- me, which he didn't. He -zapped- me. She asked if I was awright. Ry looked nervously between us all. He's got spirit, my Lion-brother does, but this was heavier shit than he was expectin. Someone asked how I felt, if I was ok. I let em know I wasn't hurt, but I was pissed. Pissed and desperate not ta shame Her Ladyship by startin some shit in Tha Library of all places. So I stood up. Took my time. Casual as I could show. I reached and pushed Ry ta one side, partially ta give me clear line of sight, partially ta get him clear of tha danger zone and partially ta make a point ta Beaumont that his "gift" was ta no crazed mutt, but a Praetor of Tha Omega Institute, a proud and free Lycan.

I took a pad closer and addressed him as formal as I could. Thanked him fer Dimentox's Gift. Let him know it was appreciated, as was tha gesture and that I hoped his Sire would be happy it had been bestowed on a mear mortal, just a Lycan, and that in a few short years when I was dead and dust, the memory of tha Gift would still be cherished fer what it was. I stood, waitin, waitin, as Her Ladyship suggested in terms as sharp as tha onion chopper I wear at my side, just how much She thought of his stunt, that if Dimentox wanted ta send Gifts he was always welcome, as he ever had been, and had no need to send messenger boys.

Beaumont musta got tha hint. Got in a huff too, and told us Dimentox was too busy. That pretty much summed up his visit. Shortly after he made a break fer it and left us in peace. Once he did I sat back down and told em all again I was ok. Which I was. Felt kinda funny, but I was ok. Seemed tha effect of tha zappin had worked its way ta Her Ladyship roundabouts, must have been tha smell, cause as soon as She stopped bein angry, She headed fer tha stairs, callin ta Ry ta join Her, commenten in a husky voice that tha smell of blood had kinda distracted her. I quietly kept tha others occupied, givin Ry a sidelong smile and a wink. Talkin ta tha faces that came and went.

All too soon though, Rh had ta flit, a Pet's duties were never done, it seemed and it was with edgy steps that I heard Her Ladyship return, still distracted and restless. She walked past us all over ta tha far window and looked out. I caught Her eye and was a touch worried. I left tha others ta tha talk of Tha Reckonin, and their plans and motivations. Crossin tha floor I paused ta look ta both doors.
Force of habit. Never can be too careful. I pad over to tha far window where She waits. She's absent mindedly touchin tha window frame, lookin pailer than normal. I'm guessin that She didn't get much of a feed.

"Did you smell it? Smell the blood? It filled the room" I nod to Her. I more than smelt it, I felt it. She looks at me, and I get swept up in tha depth of Her history. Not age. History. I see tha Predator in Her, but know no fear in it. Its one way we're equals. I heard gossip that Her Ladyship feeds on all Her Praetors, but actually She don't. It ain't a part of tha job. She only feeds on a handfull all told. Several have held that Rank. Some never would. I don't know how She decides. I think its different fer each. But She only feeds from willin, healthy folks. She don't share. She's not over fond of, animals neither. I guess I’m kinda an exception. I always been in my Fleslie form for Her, previous. I see Her need. I feel it. It don't scare me, even though I seen what can happen. Tenguska. Poncho's throat all but torn out.

I pad up and asked Her if She wanted me ta Shift. She shook Her head. Fergettin, I figure, that it don't hurt me not a bit anymore. Just waves me close and holds me. She's warm, but less so than a Fleshie. Tha Fire-Within. Pale though, very pale. I offer her my hand, rollin wrist up ta show where my fur is thinist. Hair, hoof or horn. Don't bother me none, but Her Ladyship is discernin. With a sigh she looks up and asks. She always asks. Always asks and always uses my Name. I strengthen tha Family with my body and blood. I feed a friend, who I trust, and love. Its a bond of a pack. Ta share. Ta give.

She takes my wrist ta Her mouth and with a final look, ta my nod, She bit down. Here's tha thing. Ya take from life what it gives ya. At Her bite I hear tha wind in tha tall grass,that endless woosh of free scrub. Tha soft earth under paw, tha chase with tail held high. As I was, in my War-Form, I get big. I'm healin almost as fast as She's feedin. Tha call of tha wind is tha reminder as we leant against tha window. I'm still scannin, chow time's a perfect ambush time. Princess Miss strides by and I answer her grin and wave with a sleepy nod of my own. Her hunger is deep, but not urgent and I ain't fadin, not like durin tha New Moon.

Clingin, once She's had Her fill, I wrap Her in my arms, lettin tha feelin make itself known more than my crappy talkin can. I had clawed tha wall sometime as She had fed. Four gouges in tha stone, fresh and raw. I had marked Tha Library. I looked at my wrist, damp from Her mouth and red with a trickle of my blood. I knew in a flash what to do. Dippin a claw in my blood I started ta scribble in tha gouges my message. Footsteps, scent, voices.

My-She has come. I turned and grinned lazily ta her as tha two of them embraced. I kept scribblin as Her Ladyship told My-She that She'd just had a very sweet drop, and wondered if she'd like a taste herself. I winked ta My-She and kept scribin my message. Had ta be quick, or else it'd dry. I'd already fully healed. They kissed, deeply and My-She did get a taste of me from Her Ladyships still bloody lips. When they parted, both of em looked at me, nodding, as I finished my marks, then back to each other. Her Ladyship wondered aloud what My-She might taste of. "fire and spice, Lady" came the answer. Tha lights of passion were in both their eyes and my nose flared at tha smell of My-She's arrousal. Again, She asked, and My-She made it very clear she too, wanted to give, nurture and be Known by taste. Its our Way. In our Natures.

Her Ladyship held My-She close again, cradlin her head in one hand and slippin tha other down her spine ta tha base of her tail. Ta that sweet spot where ass meets tail and tail becomes spine. Tha hollow. Her Ladyship stretches up as My-She leans in and mouth meets neck. Fangs I know are there do their job and I see tha shudder roll through her. I finished my scribble and turn propper around, and take tha step ta touchin range, and wrap them both in my arms. Close, warm, and held. I got long arms, and even though i'm not as meaty as some of my Kin, not too boney. Tha fur helps too, I been told. Her Ladyship is gentle. She ain't have a reason ta rush, She's savourin and My-She knows it too, I think. Eventually they break and for a moment we just stand, held and holdin before Her Ladyship moves and with a smile moves off, ta take her seat passin Belshazaroth, who I think was pissy at not bein seen as a snacky-treat fer Her Ladyships amusement.

Like I said awready, She is paticular about who She feeds offa. Her Praetors ain't meal-tickets. She only takes what’s given. She don't drink from bags nor communal sources, be they Pools or Blood Dolls like Bel. I don't know why she choses some and not others. Ain't my business. My business is ta see ta tha needs, safety and security of my Family. I do so outta love, respect and instinct.

I was starvin. Whatever Dim's sprog had zapped me with was reduced ta a throb by Her Ladyship, so I suggested a trp to tha Diner for my special burgers. My-She, Blaze and me weœe gonna eat, Her Ladyship would join us for earthy company, and a feelin of tagetherness. Ta make sure My-She and me looked after our needs too. Which we did, burgers. Then fixed a gas-leak. Ask Choi about that sometime.

What did I scribe in my fresh, Dimentox-boosted blood inta tha livin stone of Tha Library? Tha start of somethin bigger. A warnin. A Mark.

I am GrrBrool.
I am a protector of this place
Bring no ill will,
Know no dread.

No comments: