Sunday, September 21, 2008

Strong Gal and Mr Britt

***********************************
Pencil note dated 20/9/08, with lyrics in blue ink
***********************************
I was DJin, doin my Toxic Breaky Show, from Haven this time, when i saw Snappypants wanderin about lookin well, as lost as someone as suave as him CAN look. Her Ladyship was there, and Spirit Gal. They were dancin tha dawn off. I like tha early morn, its quiet, and those i love are still about.

My solid mate Tobermory popped in and after havin a bit of a stalk and perch, kinda slid his way over ta Snappypants. Like goes ta like, to old predators havin a civil chat like. Tha waves of class could almost be seen. They were all "i must meet your tailor" and "do you prefer Egyptian cotton or Assyrian?" Was real bloody good ta see. It'd be a damn shame if Tob's impressions of tha Fangers of Tox all came from tha KA. Instead he charmed Snappypants, and made Her Ladyship smile and not a fur was ruffled. Times like this that make it clear ta me that tha figtin between Fangers and Furs is tradition, not instinct.

Then Strong Gal came in, and i knew i needed ta do somethin. Those two, Snappypants and Strong Gal, again, they break tha views about Fangers and Fleshies. Fer tha better. Its important to me ta see, because, well, how i've come ta feel about that kinda thing. It dont look like i'm gunna find a breedin mate in Tox, not that i was ever lookin, place like this, but that dont say nothin about tha heart. I've been blessed, three times now. Each time with someone who's not of my Kin. Its difficult, but, what isn't thats worth somethin?

Anyways, i saw tha two of em, and knew i had ta do somethin fer em. I dont have gentle words but i do got a good head fer song, so i cued this one up and played it fer em. Here's tha words, i copied down from a music-code book i asked tha Library fer. I left all tha squiggles out and just copied tha words.


Fer Strong Gal and Mr Britt . . . .
*************************
Abney Park - The Only One

I wake each night into this nightmare

Only to find that the worst is clear
I have to spend each day without you
And spend each night dreamin'
that it's not true
Dreamin' that it's not true....

My life is one constant catastrophe
everything works but means nothin to me
All of my life I gave you my soul I lived for you,
but you had another goal
You had another goal...

There's only one thing you can't ask of me
It's not in my power to stop loving you can't you see?
I would give you the moon or the stars or the sun
But you hold my heart and you are the only one

You are the only one,
You are the only one...
*****************************

No comments: