Monday, September 8, 2008

Lay with me? In a field of stone . . . .

=====================================
Pencil entry, dated 5/9/08 in a nervous, scratchy hand
=====================================

I snapped my mirror shut and looks about quietly as I materialised in Tha Library. Mr Brit is there, Ethan Snappypants, he’s bundled up by tha fire with Strong Gal herself, and there, at my paws, was Spirit Gal, also sprawled out. HE nods ta me and gives me tha “hush” sign, and whispered "I believe there was some need for rest... and for your own good.. stay out of the garage for the moment..." Spirit Gal is dreaming, I can tell, tha fire violet sparks play , twirling and swirling into a violet and lavender jungle flower. I watch it, tryin ta read its augury and looked between her and tha Strong-Gal / Ethan pile. Strong Gal makes another grab fer Snappypants claimin him and havin a bit more of a pash. Nice.

I crouch down, comfortable fer me, I like havin my head down low, feel, much more natural, and give Spirit Gal a stroke, makin sure she’s awright, and sleepin sound. She stirs a bit a my touch, then turned, opened her eyes and grabed me around the neck pullin me down to her. "You smell even better than he does," she sighed. Snappypants shook his head... "I warned you to be silent" but couldn’t move or do too much at the time, entangled in Strong Gal as he was. So I sinks down and joined Spirit Gal, but I did it with tha gentle hesitation of something much longed for and feared at tha same time. Somethin in tha way tha two Gals was actin gave me pause though (get it, pause!) I want it so much, but, somethin wasn’t right. That and, well, two things. I really want to and not fuck it up wit hSpirit Gal, and second, err, I want her ta be in her right mind, in case, well, in case something in her system takes me out. Fine way ta go, I’ve been told, but, all tha same, I’d like her ta be able ta medic me is I go down twitchin. That’d put a stop ta further attempts, and would suck. Her Ladyship would be mighty pissed if I died. Can’t have that.

Spirit Gal rubed her face against my muzzle, and then gestures with her eyes toward Snappypants. "He smells good, and his hair . . . mmmm . . but he said he would lie down with me and then he didn't," She pouted. She never pouts. Not right. "Will you lie with me?” Then she asked. She ASKED. Now, lets not all jump ta conclusions. But when a non-sibling member of tha pack is in heat and presents, mate, you jump to. Its instinct. Pure and simple. It was bloody hard not ta just tear open her clothes and mount her right then, but, something wasn’t right, and, I’d feel bad if she ended up NOT havin wanted me. Its, I know it’s a big taboo fer Fleshies . . . Fur. Animals. Tha Righteous even got Laws in their Big Book Of Truth about that kinda thing. Prudes. Point is though, Spirit Gal and me, we’ve been getting close, and I wanna make sure she knows what she’s askin fer. So, I just let loose a shuddering sigh of long held breath, and say "yes Spirit Gal, I will" and cuddle up behind her. Its tha truth. On lots of levels. I always tell tha truth to my Family.

Strong Gal is all over Snappypants, which is, unusual fer her, she’s kinda playfully needy, but, this is getting quite a lot more. I wondered. So I sang a song that came ta mind, My-She played it fer me once. It was really nice. I thought it might speak ta Spirit Gal, remind her of Tha Path.

“in a field of stone, if yer needs were strong,
I would lay with you"

Spirit Gal stroked my fur and gazed at him with wide, gentle black eyes. She stroked my ruff, openin her lips to kiss me gently, drawin inta me. I leaned in and offered my muzzle to tha kiss and returned it, in the fashion of canines, with as delicate and deft a touch as I could "Anywhere?" she sighs. Strong Gal is still beggin Snappypants fer more kisses, which he is struggling ta provide. Its funny, at least, its not dangerous, but its far from normal. I kept on singin soft like.

“If yer lips grow dry, I would wet them, dear,
in tha midnight hour, if yer lips were dry,
would go with you, to tha Other land,
walk a thousand miles through tha burnin sand,
wipe tha blood away from yer dyin hand
if I gave myself ta you"

Lorne slipped inta tha Library, as he does so much, stoppin before the fire with wash of light I could feel flow through me. He sniffed, it was right about tha time I wriggled sideways and stuck my head beside Spirit Gal’s and looked deeply into her eyes, lockin her grey with my golden, seeing Within, if I could, when I heard Lorne come in I swivelled my ears and sniffs in reply but didn’t look up from Spirit Gal’s eyes and just asked "Lorne or Legion?" Spirit Gal let her hand glide over the tips of Grr's ears, rubbing one between her forefinger and thumb. "I think I like you much better than Ethan," her eyes drift toward Lorne, slightly unfocused. Lorne sniffed slightly more, speakin over the bright light in a man’s voice "Do I smell female?" well, he didn’t, but with him, its hard ta tell. “ya always smell tha same, its tha spirit that changes, but I take it yer Lorne fer now . . . . “ I staid by Spirit Gals side, entwined in her embrace still lookin into her eyes, Watching but I could hear Lorne cock his head at tha two sets of us on tha floor "She does not smell right. I could tell from the street." He’s good, I’ll pay that. “nope . . . somethin's off . . .tha both of em”

Strong Gal pulls back frowning at the teasin kisses. "I want kisses....I want MY kisses." Tha kiss lasts until she needs to breath and she pulls away from his lips with a soft pop. I try ta explain ta Lorne “their shoes smell of grease from tha Garage” Spirit Gal gazes up at Lorne, opening her mouth and licking her lips. "Ethan said he would lie with me, but he didn't," then she wraps her legs around mine. "But Grr smells much better than Ethan." I can’t say I objected, pressed in close behind her, it was really hard, and that’s not all that was getting that way. I try ta tell Lorne tha rest, but, its getting harder and harder tha think clear “and they're both in heat” Snappypants comes to tha rescue "is there something I can help with Lorne? actually, not in heat... more like focused on having something... or at least that is what I gather from Brit..."

Spirit Gal tries to shakes her head, trying to focus on Lorne. "I . . . needed to talk with you about something . . . didn't I? Her fingers trail along my ruff and down toward his chest. I try ta reach her again and sang a bit more.

"will ya bathe with me, in tha stream of life,
when tha moon is full will ya bathe with me?
"will ya still love me when I’m down and out,
in my time of trials will ya stand by me?"

Lorne growls in a very low, and not at all threatening way, he was upset by tha news, I don’t respond to his growl, lowering slightly on His legs.,speaking low "Something else..." Strong Gal continues to crawl all over Ethan covering him with soft kisses Spirit Gal smiles at me, pullin a little away from my hug and looked at Lorne. She breathed deeply. "Mmmm. . . . You smell good too."

"would you lay with me, in a field of stone?
if my lips grow dry would ya wet them dear?"
Would ya bathe with me in tha stream of life?
will ya still love me when I’m down and out"

"There was a feather," Spirit Gal begins, tried to stand up, then sunk back down next ta me again. Lorne begins humming low, and ominous. The light in tha room shifted slightly blue, feeling like the full moon and it felt like an eye staring right at Spirit Gal. His voice echoes slightly "A feather?" Snappypants whispered to Brit "come here..." and pulled her into a passionate kiss, breaking it only to allow her to breath... in that quick pause, he whispers to Lorne "the garage is not the safest place to enter at the moment... or until a while ago." I kept singin ta Spirit Gal, not leavin her eyes, tryin tha old huntin trick lockin her with a predators gaze, been told it can be hypnotic. We used ta use it ta take out Sentries in Timor. I’d lock em, and my SNARL-mates would hit them from tha sides. Fer now though, I tried ta hold her and kept singin soft

"would ya go away ta another land?
walk a thousand miles through tha burnin sand,
wipe tha blood away from my dyin hand,
if I gave myself ta you?"

Spirit Gal shook her head again, and struggled to sit, gazing at tha blue light that was comin from Lorne "Yes . . . it was . . . on the altar . . ." I lay by Spirit Gal, Watching all tha while, learnin from her words and thoughts. Lorne’s light beam flutters away as if going behind clouds and Strong Gal blinks and flops against Snappypants gleefully as her desire is immediately fulfilled. She pounces with another deep kiss, her body pressing lightly with a slight rocking of her hips against him. She pulls against him harder while catching her breath between the kisses.

Spirit Gal kept strokin my leg, gazing at Lorne, I was vaguely aware that Di has walked into he Library, along with a different Lyra. Spirit Gal made ta stand and walk over to Lorne, managin ta hook her finger around the chain at his waist. Lorne raised an arm, positioning it as to connect with the intersection of Joah's collar bones as she comes near. There is a mild jolt as their skin connects. As she got that far I come up, half standin, all instinctive and lock her shoulder in my mouth, my mouth is like an extra paw ta me at tha best of times, but this, this is different. Without biting down, I take hold of Spirit Gal, keepin her from moving too far, held in my jaws. Spirit Gal manages ta talk a bit again "I . . . Di and I . . . there was a feather . . . making people sick," she murmurs. She stops, shuddering at the pressure in her shoulder at the shock across her chest. I look up totha balcony and see Di tryin to look nonchalant.

I know tha effect Lorne can have. He took Tha Huntress and fed her to tha Shadows, of her own free will. Not my Spirit Gal. He might be honestly tryin ta help, but again, instinct took over. He’s an exile. Not-Family, so I just growled softly, and shifts my mass to gently pull her down again, away from him and his touch. I can feel Snappypants looking over at us wonderin whats goin on. He’s occupied. He’s not interuptin, he’s fine. That’s what my instincts told me. I’m watchin Lorne but he just keeps His arm extended at the same length. There is another jolt as the palm comes away from her collar. HE probably didn’t mean fer me ta feel it too, but, I’m kinda attached.

Lorne looks down as something looking vaguely like a watch is pulled free of His coat by Joah's finger hooked in the chain as she comes back with me. As I gently tug her back I swivelled my eyes up to look Lyra over, still holdin Spirit Gal in my jaws and reaches over her to further pin her, I get a real stab as I takes in the hurt that was done Lyra. A Name comes to me, She ain’t “New Kid” any more, she’s “Shiny” now. As I pull Spirit Gal back down tha chain thing pulls from her hand. She breathes deeply, I catch a familiar flame licking in her eyes. She reached up and put one hand on my muzzle, as it holds her shoulder, not pushin me away, restin on me as I hold her "I . . . I'm not quite myself . . . " I kept lookin about the room , holding Spirit Gal’s shoulder pinned with my jaws, carefully scannin tha faces, looking over Snappypants and Strong Gal, winking once to Snappypants and waits . . . Watching. I cant talk with my mouth full of Spirit Gal, but I hope he got that I had her, and it was under control.

Lorne steps closer to Brit, holdin his hand closer to hisself, and holdin it out again, with some kinda magicin a long peacock feather just suddenly there in his hand. He holds it out within Snappypants’ grasp. he looks up nodding and takes the feather presenting it to Strong Gal "will this do?" he looks back to Lorne nodding once more. Spirit Gal sat real still. A shiver runs through her as she raised a had ta her collar bone. She slowly tracked her head around the Library, and I guess she fully saw Lyra and Di and a stranger at the door. Sinking inta me, she seemed completely herself again, but she staid close. Fer that I was very glad. All tha same I slung an arm over the shoulder I wasn’t holding in my jaws and gently clambers to press his body against Joah, holding her close and covered, from behind, looking about still.

Strong Gal gasps happily as she moves to again straddle Snappypants thighs. She took tha feather and runs it over her fingers. She rans the feather over her hand. Then across her neck. Peeking down at her mate she tickled his nose with it...and kisses lightly. "Bite me here." She pointed to her neck where his bite marks still showed. Spirit Gal raised one hand to her forehead, "I needed to speak with you Lorne . . . about . . . a gift the Shadows gave the Righteous."

Lorne murmurs to Snappypants "Are you certain seclusion is the best thing with a girl who wants everything that crosses her mind, when you are not able to do everything a girl might want?" That’s harsh, Strong Gal has never wanted fer anythin that Snappypants hasn’t been able ta give. Not ever. Except more kisses it seemed. Then Lorne turned to look towards us, cocking His head. Instinct again. I would not be challenged. So I just growled gently and assumed a unmistakably possessive stance, but not anythin more hostile than that. Still had my mouthful, but I wasn’t gonna stand fer lip about what I had ta offer. Spirit Gal proved me right by pushin in more closely ta me as she watches Snappypants begin ta feed, tha lovin mutual kind, that is tha reason tha Fangers are on top of their chain, not just a branch. They CAN share feelins with their food. Strong Gal and Snappypants is all tha proof I’ll ever need. If I’d ever had a doubt about Her Ladyship, lookin at these two always makes me laugh at tha old ancestral worry.

Cause Fangers and Fur shared a common food source. We’ve always been rivals. Tha Fangers learned ta seduce and sip, killin only as need arose, ta maintain stealth. My Kin learned ta take tha straggler, tha lone wanderer, hard, fast and leave no trace but maybe a spray of blood and tha parts ya can’t eat. Like belt buckles. That I can offer a meal ta Her Ladyship, is just as important as any of tha medic-trainin I’ve had, or cookin. A meal from someone on yer side ya can trust can make all tha difference to a soldier on tha edge. And tha best meals are ones ya make yerself. I only offer tha very best I have ta offer to Her Ladyship. Back to tha Library and me growlin Lorne off.

Lorne tried ta hold back a smirk at me, I think he got tha picture that I’m actin as any self respectin canine ought, but his expression seems to soften into something vaguely like resignation as Sanppypants feeds. Slowly, His brow wrinkles, and he turns abruptly to look at them. After a moment, the look leaves his face, he cleared his throat, turned and walked away. When Spirit Gal pressed against me, it was all I could do not ta whimper as she bumped her hind end against me. I think she felt me there, and liked it, cause she kept at it, as I held her in my teeth, and arm draped over her. It was still a difficult thing fer me, NOT to do more, when she was presentin like this. Thing was, then she rubbed her hear against me and my present from tha night at KTOX came back ta bite me.

The bloody earings, my escape hatch, tha last happy friend. I’d decided my life was on track enough that I’d not ever need em, so, cause they are pretty, and ya give pretty things ta gals yer tryin ta make like ya, I gave them ta Spirit Gal. Told her if I was ever gone and she wanted ta be reminded of me, ta wear of em. Double meanin there. Triple if ya include tha other one, that if I’m there, she needn’t wear em. Stupid, that’s male logic fer ya I guess. She’s been wearin them, so, I’m real happy, but at tha sime time, its dangerous. I guess that act as a reminder too, that her blood is dangerout to me. Like tha black and gold stripes on a wasp, they’re like danger signs, so I don’t take too many risks. So heres what happened. She leaned her head inta me, lovin tha feel of me, I figure, bitin, holdin, and, pressed up from behind and tha earrings bit me and I winced slightly shuttin my eyes from tha pain, my bite tightens, but only a fraction, I don’t dare bite too hard, too much a risk, if she’s not awright, from her blood, so I just shift my head away from her neck, tha arm over her other shoulder tighter, and pulls her close about her, I was all but on top of her now. I hope no one smelt tha burn.

I was still holdin Spirit Gal’s shoulder in my jaws, and had my arm over her other shoulder, covering her from behind and all but on top of her, and when I noticed Her Ladyship enter tha building I perked my ears right up and wagged my tail gently in greeting to her. Neri had come in, and was waftin some sort of herbal burning thing about, maybe ta cancel tha effects of whatever tha Gals had gotten mixed up with at tha Ryders hangout. Lorne looks back at us four by tha fire and asked "Is there a holiday I am unaware of?" He takes another whiff of the herbal fumage and Her Ladyship shook her head, still trying to work out what is going on... Snappypants waves at Lorne gesturing he didn’t need a hand "I am fully aware what I am doing actually... and I have to ask everyone to excuse us... we need our rest..." he nods decisively and gestures goodbye to all around. I bowed my head a little ta him as he left, dipping Spirit Gal as well befer swivellin eyes and ears to Her Ladyship, looking very much like a child with a hand I the cookie jar. It was ok though She smiled at me, eyes twinkling with amusement, no harm bein done, nothing ta worry about. I sighed with relief and wagged my tail some more
Snappypants nods once more "thank you for the aid in one way or the other everyone..." he moves out the door slowly making sure to not disturb Strong Gal’s rest as they move towards their resting place Her Ladyship stood up, putting herself between us two and Lorne, gestured ta Her throat, letting out a hoarse whisper. "Something we can assist you with, Lorne?" He sighed, watching the two leave, and turning see Her Ladyship. He stared a moment "You know...I think I may have left the iron..." he turns "It's been three hundred years, it's likely burnt down the entire block by now." He stops at the door, turning about with a hand and finger raised "Oh, yes. What was that about the feather from the altar, Joah?" Spirit Gal stired under me "I need to know . . . whose it came from . . . what it was," she said slowly. "I . . destroyed it . . . in the Pit. It made the Righteous . . . ill. . . ." she struggled for words, sleep heavy in her voice. Her Ladyship looked concernedly to Spirit Gal and turned back to Lorne..
Her Ladyship whispers again, obviously in pain from her throat.. "Perhaps another time?"
Spirit Gal stammered "No . . . Lady . . it's fine . . Lorne cranes his ear slightly nearer to her as she speaks, looking at Omega momentarily as she finishes, then shaking His head "I am not aware of such an occurrence."

Spirit Gal shook her head, trying to focus the events in her mind coherently. She slumped a bit more into me, "Mr. Constantine . . . and a Righteous, Dena . . . came to the Library."
Spirit Gal "Shay . . . said didn't know . . ." she fumbled around for words. "But . . . it was an angel feather . . . and black. . . ." Lorne nodded, straightening again, and looking at Her Ladyship, though speaking to Spirit Gal "I'll see what I can find out." He turns, and steps out of the Library. Her Ladyship watched Lorne leave, then turned to Joah, with a questioning look to me. That’s when Spirit Gal struggles a little against me fer tha first time, but, now all tha Not-Family had gone, and tha danger I felt befer had passed. I felt it was ok "I . . . think I need to walk. . ." she trailed off, a trace of embarrassment in her voice. I really hope I’d done tha right thing, and not made her feel, dirty, or something.

I looked to Her Ladyship and shrugged for a moment, then hugged Spirit Gal close and slowly disengages my bite, with a soft popping sound as my lips come away and a slight pull as teeth that has pressed deep into flesh come free, leaving deep indentations and no doubt bruising to the bone, and, hopefully, not broken the skin enough to have bled. I looked down at the bite makes, six points from his bottom jaw, two large, four small on Joah’s back and works his mouth lips smacking. Now ta see if I pay tha price. I counted in my head 5, 10, 15, 20, still awake, not dead, all good. I clambered up from her, and right smart put a paw to the side of my neck. Hurt like a son of a bitch. Trust me, I know. Lookin at tha marks, I ask “I didn’t hurt ya, Spirit Gal . . .” She hand rises to her shoulder, tender. Her hand came back and she rubbed a little bit of blood between finger and thumb. . . a small bead of blood, close one. "No ... you . . . didn't. . . ." She trailed off again, lookin at the floor.

I fully clambered off her and still touchin her with a paw, turned to Her Ladyship, reportin. "Mr Britt said they got exposed ta somethin from tha Garage, made em .. .. odd" Spirit Gal stood, wobblin, and smoothed out her skirt. She leaned on me a moment, the steps back. Good sign. I’m awright ta lean on. Good sign.” sleep is tha best escape fer ya, I think, Spirit Gal, how about ya sleep where we know ya be safe, yeah?” She considered a moment, and sighed. "Being asked to lie down is what got me into this me . . . I mean . . . " she rubbed her shoulder. "Perhaps you're right, Grr." and glances from me to Her Ladyship. "But I think I need to clear my head first. I . . . I am going to walk. For a while.”

She did come back. She was fine. She remembered it all.

And

She likes me.

No comments: